BACK TO Home Page 50 TOPICS
Quotes you can use to start conversation or to add interest to speeches or presentations
Need more quotes? Extracts from books on Fame
Fame and Celebrities
I think everyone should be rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of so that they can see that it's not the answer. (Jim Carrey)
People...feel fame gives them some kind of privilege to walk up to you and say anything to you--and it won't hurt your feelings--like it's happening to your clothing." Marilyn Monroe
"Everyone's just laughing at me. I hate it. Big breasts, big ass, big deal, Can't I be anything else ? Gee, how long can you be sexy?" Marilyn Monroe
Don't pay any attention to what they write about you. Just measure it in inches. (Andy Warhol)
If you want a place in the sun, you've got to expect a few blisters.
"I've often stood silent at a party for hours listening to my movie idols turn into dull and little people." Marilyn Monroe
For me getting close to the famous has always been like rappeling down Mt Rushmore, where you see all the streaks of birdshit and tufts of vegetation and scurrying little rodents. The glamour quickly vanishes.
fame - a few words on a tombstone, and the truth of those not to be depended upon.
The average woman would rather have beauty than brains because the average man can see better than he can think.
Beauty - the quality by which a woman charms a lover and terrifies a husband.
Arnold Schwartzenegger looks like a condom full of walnuts. (Clive James)
Clint Eastwood is looking increasingly like an Easter Island statue.
Are you Robert Mitchum? Well someone has to be.
Are you Tallulah Bankhead? What's left of her.
(Hugh Grant) A guy at a gas station said to me "hey you look like Hugh Grant. No offence."
Does success turn you into a monster? Most of them were monsters before they became successful.
Beauty contest in Taihape - only two contestants, and one was a tractor.
Never featured in an episode of "Who's Who" but did make it into "What's That?!"
In LA you have to have breast implants. An A-cup entitles you to handicapped parking.
Anatomy: something that everyone has, but looks better on a girl
Attractive: not quite beautiful enough
You used to have to go to the circus to see the tattoed man and the fat lady. Now they're everywhere.
The problem with beauty is that it's like being born rich and getting progressively poorer.
The kilt is a garment unrivalled for fornication or diarrhea.
A dress has no meaning unless it makes a man want to take it off.
A new exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum called You Say You Want a Revolution looks at counter-culture fashion in the late 1960s. At the launch, Richard Hurren, vice-president of Levi, claimed that 90 per cent of people at the original Woodstock festival in 1969 were wearing his company’s jeans. “The other 10 per cent were naked.”
BACK TO Home Page 50 TOPICS